The Neil McCauley “A Book about Metals” Award for Best Line from the Movie
"I like my Skechers, but I love my Prada backpacks"; "I know you can be overwhelmed and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?"; "I hate the way you talk to me and the way you cut your hair" (the poem)
In the discussion (3)
Approx. transcript time · 00:35:48Read transcript
- The Prada backpack line, already raised earlier, is one pick and is called prescient; the overwhelmed, underwhelmed, whelmed exchange is another, and the lines between the two leads are praised; the poem remains the third pick as unassailable.
- The Prada backpack line was first quoted during what aged best as both hilarious and a marker of fashion trends.
- The poem itself, from 'I hate the way you talk to me' through 'not even a little bit, not even at all', is heard in full during the most rewatchable scene segment.